TexasCockroach.com LLC

Friday
Apr 18th
Text size
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
-LaCucaracha's Only News Source Since 8000BC-(Give or Take a Millennium)
Home Local LaCucaracha News How Does This 70-Year-Old Have A 30-Year-Old Body? Photoshop

How Does This 70-Year-Old Have A 30-Year-Old Body? Photoshop

E-mail Print PDF

According to several patrons of Margie Hansborough’s recent social gathering, the question posed by a Cenegenics television advertisement – “How does this 70-year-old have the body of a 30-year-old?” – was answered unequivocally by local graphic artist and Photoshop expert, Tyler Brister. Hansborough and two other witnesses distinctly heard Brister mutter under his breath, toward the television, “Photoshop. Duh.”

Hansborough has been described by her husband, Mark, as “an adman’s wet dream” because she believes wholeheartedly in what any and all advertising sells her. “I have a garage full of once-used weight loss and exercise equipment to prove it,” said Mark. So the proclamation from Brister that Cenegenics may have tweaked the photographs used in their ad came as a shock to Hansborough despite the fact that for years Mark has pointed out numerous faked photos and videos that she has excitedly told him about.

“Mark’s such a buzzkill,” said Hansborough. “He and Tyler have been best friends forever so he thinks he knows all the Photoshop tricks from him. I’ll forward these amazing photos to Mark and get so excited and all he’ll say is, ‘Photoshop.’ My entire family now considers him a Photoshop snob and refuses to send him any cute Youtube videos. Like that one with the dancing squirrel – Mark just walked in and pointed out variations in lighting, halos, feathering, and a lot of other nonsense he says is proof."

“Are you saying that picture isn’t real?” queried Hansborough to Brister.

 

Several in attendance said that the room got eerily quiet as Brister explained to Hansborough that while the picture was “real,” it was a combination of two photos and that, in fact, Brister himself had done the graphic design portion of the ad in question. “It’s the first time I’ve seen it,” said Brister. “Normally, with freelance stuff like this, I don’t really ever get to see the finished product. So this was kind of cool.”

 

Hansborough then dived into specifics about Cenegenics, but Brister was of little help. “Cene-what? Cenegenics?” said Brister. “I don’t know anything about that. I rarely know anything about the product. The assignment comes in: put this head on this body. No problem, that’s what I do for a living.”

Brister went on to explain that in his estimation, 90% of his job entails putting a specific head on a specific body. The other 10% involves turning perfectly attractive women into unrealistic cartoon versions of themselves with breast augmentation, waist reduction and the removal of minor skin blemishes.

Hansborough was utterly flummoxed. “So you’re saying Cenegenics doesn’t work?”

“I have no idea,” answered Brister. “I’m simply saying that I put an old guy’s head on a young guy’s body. Nothing more, nothing less.”

Mark stood off to the side with a smirk on his face. He then looked at his wife and mouthed the words, “I told you so.”

Share Link: Share Link: Bookmark Google Yahoo MyWeb Del.icio.us Digg Facebook Myspace Reddit Ma.gnolia Technorati Stumble Upon
 

Around LaCucaracha

gl-2.jpg
Banner

Just Headlines

 

Mack Brown Considering Offer as Head Busboy at Vince Young Steakhouse

 

Ray Lewis Involved In Two Murders In Personal Post Super Bowl Tradition

 

Wait, The Boy Scouts Weren't Totally Gay Already?

 

Rick Perry Forms Exploratory Committee for Confederate Presidential Bid

 

Mesothelioma Victim Still Hasn't Called Toll-Free Number

 

Best House on Block Moving to Other Block

 

Local Man Considering Buying 4th Trailer

 

Local Man Keeps 40' Gooseneck Hooked Up 'Just In Case'

 

Eula McMurtry Has Pleasant, Twenty Minute Conversation With Person Who Dialed Wrong Number

Please Share!

deli.cio.usDiggFacebookGoogle BuzzLinkedinMySpaceredditStumbleUponTwitter


Texas Cockroach on Facebook

Twitter


Humorfeed Member





humoretc.com

Texas Cockroach Online Store

Who's Online

We have 12 guests online